1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight number pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pi9an for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
Functions of Water in the Human Body.
The human body is approximately 67% water by weight. The average adult contains 40-50 quarts (10-13 gallons) of water. Blood is 83% water, muscles 75%, brain 75%, heart 75%, bines 22%, lungs 86%, and eyes 95%.
Water in the human body perform the following functions:
Improves oxygen delivery to the cells.
Enables cellular hydration.
Moisten oxygen for easier breathing.
Cushions bones and joins.
Absorbs shocks to joints and organs.
Regulates body temperature. Removes waste.
Prevents tissues from sticking.
Improves cell to cell communications.
Maintains normal electrical properties of cells.
Empowers the body’s natural healing process.